Sunday 8 January 2012

Looking up.

As I headed home earlier this evening I happened to look up at the sky. A full moon. It took a little while longer to register, but I quickly glanced back up to check that I was not seeing things. Yes, there seems to be a rabbit on the moon. A shape of one more like, but a rabbit nonetheless. Coming from a science-filled background, I realized that the rabbit shape (or shadow) that I could see on the moon was a mixture between the craters and dimples of the moon's surface, the angle of observation (viewing it on the +7.00 GMT line on the equator, will have to check this for accuracy later if I feel like it) and of course one's ability to be able to recognize and form shapes from a seemingly meaningless pattern of visual data. Despite all that, I felt it was quite a symbolic moment and, sappy as it may sound, quite a beautiful sight.

 I would post pictures up, if it weren't for the fact that night had fallen (of course) and I do not have a camera that could that decent photographs without first blinding it's surroundings with a sudden flash of light.

 ~Onery

No comments:

Post a Comment