Friday 30 March 2012

Reunion

Met up with old faces from my high school days. Haven't seen some of them for vet 6 years or so... kinda odd really. Sitting down in a restaurant with a karaoke machine, I observe my friends. Two opposite me seem heavily engaged in a dentistry discussion occasionally snapping back to the present and contributing to the general conversation. To my right is the group closest to the karaoke machine (incidentally an all female cast) and also those most enthusiastic about singing random Chinese songs and the occasional Billboard hit. To my left, the group which keep to their own devices (male haha), literally what with their iPhones and similar gadgets. They'll occasionally look up to spectate those singing... while fending off attempts to get them to sing.

Later in the night people started leaving for home. I decided to stick awhile longer with those staying longer as I've not much to do when I get back home but farm valour in WoW. I'll have to admit, once you get into the groove, karaoke can be quite fun. It helps, I guess, that I like music and rhythm games. It's my first time singing in public, so it was a bit disconcerting and all but as mentioned it turned out quite fun.

The party eventually broke up at the restaurant, only to reform at the carpark and eventually at a 24 hr cafe at a group strength of four. It wasn't until 2.50 am that we finally decided to call it a night and head off to each other's respective homes. This is probably the most fun I've had in this place in a very very long time... excluding my gaming/manga/anime time of course...

~Onery

No comments:

Post a Comment